for health insurance is now over, but you may still be able to get covered!
Special Enrollment Periods (SEPs)are available for those who have Qualifying Life Events. We are available to assist with appointments for anyone qualifying for an SEP. You are able to enroll in insurance if you meet the standards of a Qualifying Life Event, which include:
There are 4 basic types of qualifying life events. (The following are examples, not a full list.)
- Loss of health coverage
- Losing existing health coverage, including job-based, individual, and student plans (except for non-payment of premiums)
- Losing eligibility for Medicare, Medicaid, or CHIP
- Turning 26 and losing coverage through a parent’s plan
- Changes in household
- Getting married or divorced
- Having a baby or adopting a child
- Death in the family
- Changes in residence
- Moving to a different ZIP code or county
- A student moving to or from the place they attend school
- A seasonal worker moving to or from the place they both live and work
- Moving to or from a shelter or other transitional housing
- Other qualifying events
- Changes in your income that affect the coverage you qualify for
- Gaining membership in a federally recognized tribe or status as an Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act (ANCSA) Corporation shareholder
- Becoming a U.S. citizen
- Leaving incarceration (jail or prison)
- AmeriCorps members starting or ending their service
Outreach and enrollment is one way to show our community’s collective strength. If anything changes about coverage options for 2017, we will be here to help you understand what it means for you. Thank you for your continued partnership and for joining us in this fight.
We’re Here for You.
The Health Initiative is dedicated to improving the health and wellbeing of Georgia’s LGBTQ community through education, support, access to care and advocacy. We work directly with LGBTQ Georgians and LGBTQ-friendly providers.
LGBTQ Georgians, let us help you:
- Find an LGBTQ-friendly healthcare provider
- Community Health Fund: Receive Financial Assistance for Healthcare Services
- Find LGBTQ Aging Resources
- Open Enrollment: Get insured via the Affordable Care Act
Providers, we offer:
- LGBTQ Cultural Competency Trainings
- Case-by-case consultations on treating LGBTQ patients
- Patient referrals
If you don’t see what you’re looking for here, please call 404-688-2524 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. We are happy to help you make the right connection.