NOTICE REGARDING COVID-19 and The Health Initiative
Please note that our offices are closed during the shelter-at-home order. Our staff is working remotely and can be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our staff does not have access to the phone system during this time, so messages left on our voicemail will not be retrieved until such time as we are able to return to the office. The quickest way to contact us and get a response is via email at email@example.com. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we all navigate this crisis.
Please visit the the CDC’s website for information about COVID-19. Below are quick links to FAQs.
Special Enrollment Periods for 2020 Insurance Coverage
Open Enrollment for 2020 Insurance Coverage has now ended. Open Enrollment was November 1 – December 15, 2019.
Please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 404-688-2524 and leave a message in the general mailbox.
Bring the following information to your appointment:
- Proof of Income information for your taxable household (all those who are on your tax return)
- Social Security Numbers for your taxable household (all household members)
- Current Insurance Information – (if applicable – this includes employer-based insurance offerings even if it is not taken)
- Log in information for www.healthcare.gov
- Email address – be sure you know your username and password – or be able to access on your phone/mobile device
- List of medications you take and doctors you visit
Outreach and enrollment is one way to show our community’s collective strength. If anything changes about coverage options for 2020, we will be here to help you understand what it means for you. Thank you for your continued partnership and for joining us in this fight.
We’re Here for You.
The Health Initiative is dedicated to improving the health and wellbeing of Georgia’s LGBTQ community through education, support, access to care and advocacy. We work directly with LGBTQ Georgians and LGBTQ-friendly providers.
LGBTQ Georgians, let us help you:
- Find an LGBTQ-friendly healthcare provider
- Community Health Fund: Receive Financial Assistance for Healthcare Services
- Find LGBTQ Aging Resources
- Open Enrollment: Get insured via the Affordable Care Act
Providers, we offer:
- LGBTQ Cultural Humility Trainings
- Case-by-case consultations on treating LGBTQ patients
- Patient referrals
If you don’t see what you’re looking for here, please call 404-688-2524 or e-mail email@example.com. We are happy to help you make the right connection.