The Health Initiative provides education, advocacy, support and improved access to care to Georgia’s Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer (LGBTQ) community. Founded in 1996, we are the largest non-profit organization in the southeast devoted solely to the health and wellness of LGBTQ people.
Through The Health Initiative:
- You can find a caregiver who understands the unique needs of the LGBTQ community in the Physician and Healthcare Provider database.
- Healthcare providers receive training, ensuring that the care they provide is sensitive to and supportive of LGBTQ individuals. These trainings are suitable for all types of providers, from private practices, to healthcare systems and professional associations, and can be tailored to address the needs of a specific audience.
Learn More »
- Get health screenings and access to care through the Health Fund. The Health Fund was founded in 2008 to improve access to care and outcomes for under and un-insured individuals within the LGBTQ community.
- The community comes together at The Phillip Rush Center. Established by the Health Initiative in partnership with Georgia Equality in 2008, the Rush Center provides meeting and community event space for groups working for the LGBTQ community, in addition to providing a home for our respective organizations.
- Attend wellness programs and networking event, such as The Health Initiative’s SAGE Atlanta, and Fourth Tuesday.
Learn More »